The next few months will be an exciting time for Austin city government and the community at-large, with a packed November ballot featuring our city’s first 10-1 election.
For 35 years Leadership Austin has been working to develop skills, explore issues, and connect community leaders. We believe the move to single-member districts is one of the most significant leadership shifts in our community in decades, and—like many others—we stand ready to do our part in helping the community embrace goals of 10-1 and encouraging more civic engagement during this governance transition.
With that in mind, Leadership Austin—in partnership with KLRU-TV (Austin PBS), The Annette Strauss Institute for Civic Life, Community Impact Newspaper, the Center for Politics and Governance at the LBJ School of Public Affairs, and the League of Women Voters Austin Area—has announced an informative series where candidates, candidate staffers, and the public can receive baseline information about Austin and the region’s most pressing issues. We call it the Imagine One Austin Information Series.
The Imagine Austin comprehensive plan will be used as the framework for this series, with both city staff and community leaders talking about the many issues the new council will face. By providing this series before the fall election cycle, we hope to provide relevant information that may assist candidates and voters alike in developing their vision for Austin and enhancing the community dialogue over the next few months. We all are working toward the same result—an engaged electorate and a productive start to our single member district council.
Below are the series details and registration information. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be updating this post with more detailed descriptions of each evening’s agenda. If you have any questions, please contact Leadership Austin CEO Christopher Kennedy at (512) 499-0435 or email@example.com.Imagine One Austin Information Series
Consecutive Monday evenings (June 30 – August 11) from 5:30 – 8:00 pm
LCRA Dalchau Service Center, Building A (3505 Montopolis Dr)
- Session I (June 30) – Demographics and Existing Plans (Session I Resources)
- Session II (July 7) – City Utilities, Budget, and Capital Planning (Session II Resources)
- Session III (July 14) – Economy (Session III Resources)
- Session IV (July 21) – Conservation, Environment, and Recreation (Session IV Resources)
- Session V (July 28) – Land Use and Transportation (Session V Resources)
- Session VI (August 4) – Housing, Neighborhoods, and Public Safety (Session VI Resources)
- Session VII (August 11) – Health and Human Services (Session VII Resources)
Imagine One Austin Series Partners