Registration is now open for the TWO Engage breakfasts Leadership Austin is hosting in October for the launch of the 2014-15 Engage Breakfast Series.Wednesday, October 1
Carpe Diem: Leadership in Austin today
Our leadership landscape is about change with the upcoming elections. Today, more than ever before, is the day for new leaders to rise. As Austin continues to be the fastest growing city in the country, how will we live up to this unprecedented occasion? What should we expect of our new leaders and how can we best support them?
- Dr. Regina Lawrence – Director, The Annette Strauss Institute for Civic Life
- Geronimo Rodriguez – Chair, Leadership Austin
- Mark Strama – Head of Google Fiber in Austin; former Texas State Representative, 50th District
Purchase Tickets for 10/1 or a Series Pass
***Wednesday, October 15
Bond Voyage: Preparing for your trip to the polls
On November 4, you’ll have numerous decisions to make when you cast your ballot. Among these choices: whether or not your tax dollars should fund two large bond packages. It is important that our community spends these dollars wisely, and it is critical that your vote is included in the decision. Join our panelists to discuss how funding will be used if voters support a transportation bond to build a new urban rail system and an education bond for Austin Community College. Come hear a balanced view of these initiatives so you can make an educated decision that aligns with your vision for our city.
- Gerald Daugherty – Travis County Commissioner Pct. 3
- Roger Falk – Adviser and Analyst, Travis County Taxpayer’s Union
- Jeffrey Richard – Chair, Austin Community College Board of Trustees
- Martha Smiley – Former Vice Chair, Regional Mobility, The Austin Chamber of Commerce
- Moderated by KXAN News Anchor Shannon Wolfson
2014-15 Engage Series Presenting Sponsor